KERALA SLDC -The Apex Body to ensure integrated operation of the power system in the State.
- Optimum scheduling and despatch of electricity within a State in accordance with the contracts entered into with the licensees or the generating Companies operating in that State.
- Monitor grid operation.
- Exercise supervision and control over the intra-State transmission system.
Be responsible for carrying out real time operation for grid control and despatch of electricity within the State through secure and economic operation of the State Grid in accordance with the Grid standards and State Grid Code.
Follow the directions of Regional Load Despatch Centre in the matter of safe and secure grid operations as envisaged in the grid code.
- Prepare a detailed black start restoration procedure and review the same periodically.
- Exercise control and supervision over operation and outage plans of generating units connected to the STU.
- Responsible for maintaining the Load Generation Balance of the system.
- Responsible to put in place adequate defense plans and protection system in consultation with RPC for integrated operation of the State grid with the regional grid. Defense plans to include islanding schemes, under frequency relays, rate of change of frequency relays, special protection schemes and automatic demand management schemes.
- Proper management of reactive power requirement of the grid
- Effective water management by judicious depletion of water in various reservoirs to achieve maximum benefit and to avoid the spillage of water from reservoirs to the extent possible.