Electrical power plays a pivotal role in the entire spectrum of life in today’s world as it drives the fulcrum of the modern-day economy. Therefore, Electrical Power Transmission Grid is a Critical Infrastructure (CI) for a fast-emerging economy like India. In view of this Government of India has defined the Energy & Power Sector as a Critical Sector along with Defense, Banking, Finance and e-Gov services, Transportation, and Telecom among others. Since these critical infrastructures are interdependent, and hence any incident impacting operations in any of the sectors is likely to have a debilitating impact on the inter-dependent sectors as well.
It is widely recognized that the Physical Security of Critical Infrastructures is extremely important thus safeguarding such institutions and facilities from any incidence is a national priority. In line with this philosophy, SLDC KERALA which has been entrusted real-time operation function assumes extremely high importance and hence provides proper cyber security to this sector.
Roles and Responsibilities of Cyber Security Wing
- Identify the perimeter security of IT and OT systems and implement them at SLDC.
- To conduct VA-PT on OT and IT Systems as per the cyber security guidelines
- To improve the cyber maturity model of SLDC
- Prompt response to central nodal agencies like NCIIPC, CSK, and CERT-In
- To improve capacity building among SLDC employees by participating them in training programs conducted by NPTI and other agencies.
- To prepare the CCMP and CII documents and their timely reviews
- To ensure the newly procured items and their cyber compliance as per the cyber security guidelines
- Maintaining asset management of OT and IT systems under SLDC
- To prepare the Cyber Risk Assessment Report of the OT System
- To ensure the configuration and backup management of critical systems
- To manage the internet lease lines connected to SLDC